1. What’s the Cost of the PS=Ø® System?
This is without a doubt the #1 question we’re asked here at PS=Ø®. The PS=Ø® system is an engineered solution, which means the cost varies based on several different factors that differ from project to project. But the simplest answer we can give you is that the cost of our system is no more money than the cost of a traditional pour strip – and sometimes even less!
But when it comes to talking about the cost, it’s essential to factor in the savings our system creates. By eliminating extra formwork, shoring, and backshoring, the PS=Ø® system routinely saves Contractors a minimum of 2 months on their job schedules. That time translates into huge financial savings.
2. How Does the PS=Ø® System Work?
The PS=Ø® system works by mechanically splicing rebar to create a temporary relief joint that 1) allows for volume change, and 2) can be grouted at a later date. It replaces traditional lap splicing by marrying two tried and true coupler technologies — threaded coupler technology and grouted coupler technology — to create a temporary relief joint which allows for volume change in slabs and walls. Our system is an ACI-permitted, ICC-approved method for splicing rebar.
For more information about how the PS=Ø® system works, check out our four-part blog series PS=Ø®: 101 in which we describe exactly how the PS=Ø® coupler eliminates pour strips, wall restraint, and expansion joints.
3. What’s Included with the System?When you purchase the PS=Ø® system, you receive all items needed for the installation. This includes:
- Shop drawings and calculations
- PS=Ø® couplers
- Torque wrench (If needed)
- Threaded grout tubes with caps
- Bond breaker and sprayer
- Non-shrink grout
- Grout mixing tool
- 5 gallon mixing bucket
- Slump sheet
- Grout funnel
4. What’s the Lead Time?Lead Time varies depending on the project, but a good estimate is eight weeks from start to finish. In situations where our system is brought in when a project is halfway completed, we’ve delivered our product in as little as two weeks.
5. What’s the Process of Working With the PS=Ø® Team?If you’re interested in using the PS=Ø® system to accelerate schedule and reduce costs on your next project, here’s how you can begin working with us, and what you can expect during the process:
- Contact us: Reach out to our team either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (800-355-8414) and tell us about your project.
- Provide drawings: To determine how the PS=Ø® system can work for your project, we will need a copy of your project’s structural drawings.
- Estimate: About a week later, we’ll get back to you with an estimate of both the cost and lead time.
- Information: If you’d like to move forward we’ll begin working with your Contractor and Engineers to gather the rest of the information we need.
- Contracts: At this point, we start working with you on the details of the purchase order based on the estimate. The final dollar amount will be known when the shop drawings and engineering are complete.
- Shop Drawings: Once we’re contracted, our engineers will provide shop drawings and calculations and send them to your team for approval.
- Set dates: With shop drawings finalized, we can set delivery dates and installation dates.
- Virtual Pre-Installation Meeting: Once you receive your coupler shipment, and about a week before the installation, we’ll hold a virtual pre-installation meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page and everything is ready to go.
- Our team arrives for first install: Our team will arrive at the jobsite to oversee the first installation and assist as necessary.
- Continuous Support: Our team will check in periodically to see how things are going and to see if you need anything.
- Grouting: We will ship the grout and grout accessories when it is time to grout. We will also set up a pre-grouting meeting to go over the process and best practices for grouting.
Ready To Discover How PS=Ø® Can Help You?
If you’re looking for a way to eliminate schedule delays and reduce costs caused by pour strips and wall restraint issues, contact the PS=Ø® team today. Not only can you expect to receive our revolutionary mechanical splicing system, but also an incredibly high level of service that’s unmatched in our industry. We’re excited to work with you and make you the hero of your next project! Contact us today.